Thursday, December 15, 2011

5 weeks, 5 days - Wacky, Crazy Emotions

So... I woke up last night because I was having a panic attack. In my sleep?! Yeah. I woke up soaked in sweat and my heart was racing and I couldn't calm down. I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to die. I'd had kind of a wild ride during the day with wacky emotional spikes, but I thought I'd done a good job of smoothing it over. I took a long walk and had a nice date with Jeremy. Apparently, it did not do what I'd hoped. Anyway, after laying in bed awake for about an hour, I wasn't calming down at all, so I decided to meditate for 15 minutes. I have no idea how long I actually did it for, but it was absolutely flabbergasting to me how quickly and effectively it calmed me down. I focused on my heart rate and I could feel it normalizing. It was really bizarre. And I fell back asleep with no trouble at all after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment