Thursday, December 29, 2011

7 weeks, 5 days - Dr. Appt Scheduled

Well, I finally got my new insurance card and made an appointment with the doctor (Wed, 1/4 at 8:30). The girl on the phone was much nicer than the ones I've dealt with previously, and she explained "their process" to me (which nobody has done for me thus far). She said that they have you come in first for a blood test and you can choose your doctor for that appointment. After that, you rotate through the doctors in the practice. I'm sure that will be fine. I loved both doctors I saw last time. They have a new doctor in their practice, though, now. Someone I haven't seen before. I assume she'll be lovely because both of the other doctors were, but I'm still a little unsure about it. Anyway, that's the one I'm seeing on Wednesday. The one whose name I don't know. It doesn't really matter, though. I mean, last time, they just took my blood, weight, and blood pressure then a doctor came and talked to me for a few minutes. Easy peasy. I'm not sure about scheduling the sonogram, though. I can't remember if they would have let me schedule it at that appointment or not. Just want to get through that first sonogram.

I'm actually feeling a little better about things these days. Still super nervous, but I feel like I'm better prepared to handle bad news, if that's what should come. Last time, I was so incredibly unprepared for something to go wrong; this time, I understand what the possibilities are. Still hoping and praying for the best, but I'm not crying so much anymore. :)

Also, I nearly threw up this morning. That's good, right? I think that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment