Tuesday, January 3, 2012

8 weeks, 3 days - Post New Year's Let Down

I spent the New Year in my traditional style, partying it up with Dr. Holly Milne. This year, I served as DD, but the partying itself was no less intense. And for some reason, I was neither overly tired nor nauseous at all for the whole trip. I'm not sure what happened. We regularly were up until the wee hours of the morning, but I was still able to do it without any extra effort the next day. Really incredible. Maybe my body knew how much I wanted to have that fun time, so it stifled all symptoms until now. Because, now that I'm back at work, of course, I'm nauseous again. So weird. We took a long walk through Schenley Park and that about did me in, but aside from that, I was able to hang (and dance) like a champion the entire weekend. And, of course, that makes me super nervous. I've pretty much convinced myself that it means that there's no baby or that it's dead. I keep trying to remind myself that I haven't been bleeding and that my body would have no way of knowing that anything was wrong with the baby, so the baby's health shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not I'm having symptoms. But I have a hard time listening to myself.

Also, apparently you're allowed to smoke in bars in PA. That was weird for me. I haven't been in a bar that allows you to smoke for years. Aside from the gross smell it left in my hair and on my clothes, I was, of course, nervous about the health of my unborn child. My throat is still raspy and feeling damaged from the second hand smoke I inhaled. I can't imagine that was good for little baby PR. Oh well. In the old days, they told you to try to keep yourself to 2 drinks and 10 cigarettes a day when you were pregnant. I have to think I inhaled less than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment