Wednesday, January 4, 2012

8 weeks, 4 days - First Dr. Appt down, about a million to go

So, I had my first dr. appointment this morning. I say that very loosely, though. By dr. appointment, I mean that I went into the dr.'s office. I did not, however, see a doctor. I got there at about 8 am, updated my insurance and waited. After about 15 minutes, the waiting room filled up with other girls. Then a nurse came out and called, "Amanda?" A girl across from me popped up and went back. Since I was the first person there, I wondered a bit if there was maybe some confusion. So I asked at the desk, just to be sure they didn't accidentally get the wrong Amanda. They had. But, since she was there for the same thing I was, they had already drawn her blood. Which means that they never confirmed who she was. Which means that, if I hadn't said anything, our blood samples would have been mixed up. How scary is that?

Anyway, all they did was draw my blood, give me a bag of vitamin samples, and send me on my merry way. They didn't weigh me. Didn't take my blood pressure. I didn't speak with a doctor. I'm supposed to call back after 9:00 am tomorrow morning to see how to move forward. So, I guess if they confirm the pregnancy, I'll schedule a sonogram at that time. Since I haven't been feeling particularly sick lately, I'm a little concerned that my HCG levels have dropped or something because the baby is dead. Or something like that. I just have to keep reminding myself that I had high HCG levels last time and there wasn't even a baby in there. The whole thing is just so weird. I'm just going to be glad to have the first sonogram over with, whatever comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment