Sunday, January 15, 2012

10 weeks, 3 days - Boy or Girl?

So... I promised that belly pic, but never delivered. Sorry. Matt came up this weekend for a surprise visit and brought his mom's old camera with him, so maybe I'll start being better about taking them. But I don't have any sort of bump yet, so I don't feel like it's that important.

What I have been feeling is important, though, is researching old wives tales. Why? I don't know. But I'm suddenly obsessed with it. So I spent a long effing time today trying to decide if our dear little blob is a girl or a boy. I have come up with nothing. As I mentioned before, the heart rate says girl, but morning sickness says boy. Sweet cravings mean girl, salty mean boy. Today, I ate a big bowl of ice cream and a bag of Funyuns. So... yeah. There's one that says to take the age you were when you conceived and add it to the month you conceived and if it's odd, it's a boy, even is a girl. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if I was 32 or 33 when we conceived. Carrying high or low and where you're putting on weight are other indicators, but of course, since I don't have a belly and haven't been putting on weight, I can't use that either.

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with this. We're not even planning to find out the gender, so one would think that I'd be happy with not knowing. But I think the fact that I'm not going to know makes me want to know even worse. Oh, Amanda; will you ever win? Since the old wives tales have failed me today, I've been trying really hard to focus and see if I get a feeling. I don't. Amy? Sue? Mom? Did any of you get a "feeling" with any of your babies?

2 comments:

  1. My feeling is boy, but it's not a vert strong feeling. I'm taking all bets, though, on the size of the schnauze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had any feeling of what I was having. Although plenty of women say that they "knew" what they were having based on a feeling. I like to guess what my friends are having but I'm usually wrong so whatever I guess for you Amanda will probably mean you're having the opposite. And I say a girl!

    ReplyDelete