Tuesday, December 13, 2011

5 weeks, 3 days - New Blog

Well, I'm pregnant. I'm starting this blog so that friends and family who live far away can follow along with the baby's progress. I feel a little bit sheepish and self-absorbed about doing it, but I would want to be able to follow along with my sister's pregnancy, so there you have it.

I'm super nervous. I'm just over 5 weeks along. It was at our 8 week early sonogram last time that we found out it was a blighted ovum and that we were going to have a miscarriage. I know that all the statistics say it's highly unlikely to happen again, but I'm just so nervous and worried about it. Ugh. Going through it once was bad enough; what would I do if I had to go through it again?

So far, I have no symptoms, other than an early bout with crazy emotions. I mean, I'm always tired but I haven't noticed that I'm more tired than usual or anything. The books say that most symptoms don't show up until around 7-8 weeks, though, so I'm not celebrating the lack of nausea just yet.

Also haven't scheduled the first doctor's appointment yet. Last time, they did a blood test to confirm the pregnancy prior to setting me up for the first prenatal exam. I'm not thrilled about that as it just seems like a more expensive way to do things. I'll be 8 weeks right around the new year, so I'll schedule an appointment around that time. That way, my new Health Savings Account will be available to me and my new health insurance will kick in. That should just make everything cheaper, so I don't see a benefit of making an appointment before then. Especially if all they're going to do is draw some blood.

I'm going to try to start taking belly photos as soon as possible. Obviously, I wont' be showing for quite a while yet (well, at least hopefully I won't), but I feel like it'll be nice to be able to watch the progression. Again, I'd like to be able to see it if Stevie was pregnant, so I'm doing that with loved ones in mind. Otherwise, I'm trying to eat healthy and not think about it. It's hard, though. It seems like I think about it all the time and time progresses sooo slowly. How is it possible that it's only 5 weeks? Weird. Christmas seems bound and determined to show up unannounced while the baby ticker seems to be moving backward, if anything. So weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment