Thursday, August 2, 2012

39 weeks, 0 days - No boot or impending labor?

Wow.  It felt really weird to type "39 weeks."  I simply cannot believe we're this close to our due date!  Next week!  Egads!

If you've been following the blog, you'll know that I got my boot off yesterday.  And I absolutely could not believe what a difference it made in my energy level.  After work, I went to the grocery store, chatted with my mom, washed some dishes, made a big ole salad and stayed up until TEN o'clock!  And then, I felt great when I got up this morning, if you can believe that!  I know I sure couldn't.  I thought for sure I'd be paying for it today.  But nope; I'm still feeling spry and full of energy.  Assuming it's because I got my boot off, I took a walk during my lunch break and took the stairs up and down from the 5th floor here at work.  Man, I had not realized how heavy that stupid boot was or how funny it was making me walk until I no longer had to wear it.  I feel like a new woman.

-- or --

I just got my weekly update from thebump.com and it listed the signs and symptoms that labor is near.  Wouldn't you know that "a burst of energy" is one of the signs of impending labor.  They mention it specifically to remind you to be careful not to use up that energy because it's designed to give you enough oomph to make it through labor.  They talked about that in our labor and delivery class but both Matt and I had completely forgotten about it.  I think our instructor described it as more of a "nesting instinct" kicking in, but she described having extra energy and too warned not to exhaust yourself during that time because you'll need that energy to get through labor.  Hmm...

So.  Was the boot really that heavy and awkward?  Or is this the "labor is near" burst of energy?  I guess we'll find out before too long!  Weird.

P.s. for those of you who are curious, the other signs I'm supposed to watch for (according to thebump.com) are bloody show, the passing of the mucous plug, diarrhea, nausea, energy spurts, contractions, and breaking of the water. Doesn't all that sound fun? Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment