Thursday, August 9, 2012

40 weeks, 0 days - Happy Due Date to me!

I'm not really sure what I expected but I did kind of think today would be special somehow.  That it would feel different.  Why?  I don't know.  It's the due date.  The day we've been waiting for and planning toward for nine months.  Knowing full well that it's not an appointment or anything, I still thought something would feel different.  It doesn't.  Turns out, when the baby doesn't come, the due date is just another day.  Though, it is a day I will buy myself some gelatto or cake or something.  Some sort of celebratory something or other to mark the fact that we've come this far.  I still just can't believe we're at the due date.  It feels so surreal.

All in all, I don't feel any different than I did several weeks ago, so I am still holding strong to the thought that baby will be significantly late.  In fact, now I think that I'm going to have to be induced because I haven't had any signs at all.  I realize that you don't have to have signs that it's coming up, but based on the stories I've read, it seems like most people do.  Maybe that's misleading.  But now I'm thinking baby is not going to come on his/her own and we'll end up scheduling it.  I guess we'll find out soon.  :)

11 comments:

  1. Happy due date!!! I think champagne fountain would be appropriate. a little alcohol can't hurt anything now, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! i also like the way YOU think! i had wine last night to celebrate, but it does seem like champagne is in order. i'm sure baby will love that. besides, you're a doctor; it's pretty much going against doctor's orders if i fail to at this point. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been waiting for some news....however the day isn't really over for a few more hours yet!

    Glad Stevie is there with you. How long can she stay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! "The day isn't really over for a few more hours yet!" Aren't you the one who told me I could be in false labor for weeks? :) Stevie bought a one way ticket, so she hasn't decided how long she's staying yet. Classes start up again on the 21st so she needs to be home before that, but I think that's the only thing she has going on. You know, other than life. I think she'll get real sick of me before that (and real sick of sleeping on a couch), but so far so good! Dr. appointment this morning and sonogram, so that should be exciting for her.

      Delete
  3. I was thinking a nice round of Jiu Jitsu might hurry the young one along. If you let the kiddo make all the choices now, you are setting the new standard!! Jump, jump Jump around! Get up get up and get down! Oh and have some Mexican food! HAPPY DUE DATE DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes! Sorry I haven't posted in so long but it's been silly busy (as I'm sure you can relate to). Henry Theodore Pieper Rehbein was born at 12:16 am on 8/11. He weighed a teeny tiny 6 lbs 1 oz and measured in at 19 3/4 inches. His apgar

      Delete
    2. Ok, not sure why that posted but this stupid thing won't let me edit it so new comment to continue what I was saying: agar was 9 and 9 and dr. Deemed him as "perfect, just perfect." we tend to agree. :) pictures and story updates to come.

      Delete
  5. Ugh. Stupid auto correct. Agar = aPgar.

    ReplyDelete