Friday, August 3, 2012

39 weeks, 1 day - If I were a Megan...

As I was going through my calendar last night, I came to a very interesting realization: if I were Megan, I'd be going into labor last night and meeting the Lumpmeister today.  It was a very startling realization.  Megan went to the doctor eight days before her due date and was told that she was 0 cm dilated, so they weren't expecting Baby Zane for awhile yet.  She went into labor the next day and delivered six days before her due date.  Today, I am six days from my due date.  Saw the doctor on Thursday and heard that I was 0 cm dilated and so we're expecting the Lump to stay put for awhile.  But if I was a Megan...

Really startling realization.  I know that our due date is next week, but to put it in the perspective of friends' experiences... it's just... wow.  My boss's daughter delivered the day before her due date, I think Derek's baby came on her due date, and Mika is still pregnant the day after.  It really is any time now!  Aaah!!  So exciting!

p.s. I don't have a mirror anymore, so I can't post a belly pic (cuz I can't take one).  I'll have Matt take one when he's here tomorrow, but there's not a whole lot of change from the last one I posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment