Monday, August 6, 2012

39 weeks, 4 days - Really getting real

Matt was up again this past weekend.  We got the new car and sent my Toyota down to Atlanta, along with the steam cleaner, plants, and few other odds and ends that were left behind in the big move.  Jeremy came over on Saturday and helped clean and patch holes.  NOW things seem real.  The house still isn't as empty as you'd expect it to be considering we've now moved me out of there twice.  There are still some fans that will get thrown out, a couch that Shirley is going to take, food and clothes that I'm using until I leave and a bunch of stuff that the Lumpinator may need before we get him/her to Atlanta.  But otherwise, life has moved from home to Atlanta.  New home.  It feels really weird.  It's nice to have the new car; it's fancy and nice and what not but it was really sad to watch Matt drive away with my little Toyota.  That made everything seem so very real.  I don't know why that one event was so much more real than watching the moving truck drive away, but it was.  Baby is due in three days and I get emotional about watching an eight-year old car drive away.  So silly.

It is weird, though, to think about how much is changing in the next couple of weeks.  Aside from having a new baby and becoming a mom, I'm changing cities, houses, jobs, and cars.  I'm moving away from my friends and farther from my family to a place where the only people I know are my partner's family.  My doctors will be new and I'll have to learn where everything is all over again.  It's just an awful lot of change all at once.  Sometimes I think it would have been better to have moved down there six months ago, but then I wouldn't have been able to work with my doctors and what would I have done about my job?  I guess I'm just getting nervous and anxious.  Excited to meet you, Baby, but super anxious about everything else surrounding your arrival.

2 comments:

  1. Your car misses you too. Little T(oyota) is patiently waiting in the driveway for your return. I tried to coax it into the garage but it wouldn't budge. You may witness some jealousy when Little T realizes you arrived in Atlanta in that shiny new vehicle (I'm quite sure Little T thought it was staying in Va with the couch!).

    As far as "change" goes...yes, you are making many changes but certainly exciting ones. First off, the baby will change your life no matter where you live. And the first new car...thrilling (although personally I hate that smell:) You will soon be looking to buy your first home...the American Dream! And did I mention being closer to your partner's family.... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love the moniker "little t!" it's perfect! Haha :)

      Delete