Wednesday, August 8, 2012

39 weeks, 6 days - New Baby's Eve

Ok, so I think we know that today is not really New Baby's Eve so much as it is Due Date Eve, but still.  EGADS!  TOMORROW IS OUR DUE DATE!!  I cannot believe it's tomorrow.  We've waited and planned and thought so much toward that particular day that it feels... really weird.  Again, I know that ole Lumpy didn't make an appointment to appear tomorrow or anything, but we've used that date for planning purposes for such a long time now that it just feels so bizarre that it's finally here.

Speaking of finally here, Aunt Stevie finally made it to DC.  She's been bebopping around the city, visiting monuments and navigating the metro system.  I wish I didn't have to work so I could take her around to my favorite spots (especially since I'm generally too tired at night to do anything), but there's enough to do and the city is welcoming enough that I think she'll have a fine time by herself.  Unfortunately, she came after we moved all of the furniture so she's been sleeping on the couch but at least there's still a couch for her to sleep on.

Back to baby: I feel ready.  It's funny.  If you'd asked me this past weekend, I'd have said that I was emotionally ready for Baby to come, but wanted him/her to hold off a bit yet.  I don't feel that way anymore. Yes, there are still a number of tasks to complete in the house but somehow, they seem manageable.  I guess it was really just getting the logistical arrangements of moving my stuff, moving the Toyota, and getting the new car that made me feel unprepared.  Now I feel ready for baby to come.  He/she can still take his/her time since the longer it takes him/her, the longer I continue to have a job and an income, but I'd really like to meet this squirmy little nugget and find out what his/her name is and what he/she looks like.  So soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment