Tuesday, March 6, 2012

17 weeks, 5 days - Twitching or Blob-vement?

As anyone who has had a baby before knows, feeling your baby kick or move for the first time is what we're all really waiting for. Especially if you're just barely showing and don't exactly feel pregnant. As such, I am one of those people. I try laying in bed every night, focusing closely on the movement in my belly, trying to feel something that doesn't result in a toot. A couple of nights ago, I felt a twitch in my uterus. But only once. Was it the baby? I have no idea. Since then, I've felt it again about once a day. It's in around the same spot every time but not exactly the same spot. I'm trying to remember if I felt twitching in my uterus or abdomen previously but of course, I have no idea. I checked my book and it said that the movements can feel like anything from butterflies to bubbles popping to gas to twitching. So it's possible, but there's no telling. The fact that I only feel it once a day makes me think that it's not blob-vement (that's fetal movement from our blob) because I have to think if it WAS blob-vement, I'd feel it more frequently. But I have no idea. And the stupid books really offer no help. I'm trying to be patient, but it's just so darn hard.

I have another dr. appt. tomorrow. I think it will be a super quick in and out, since the only reason she scheduled it was because I was anxious. I think we'll listen to the heartbeat and then be done with it. But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment