Thursday, March 15, 2012

19 weeks, 0 days - My First Maternity Clothes

(sigh) Well, it's happened. I'm officially too fat for normal human clothes. We had a client meeting today and I was supposed wear a suit for it. I pulled one out of my closet only to realize that I'd already worn the pants earlier this week. So, I pulled out another one. While I could get the pants on, I couldn't get them even CLOSE to buttoned. That was a failure before it even started. Fortunately, both my dear sister and Matt's dear sister gifted me with Be-bands, so I was able to make my pants stay up even though they're hanging wide open (for those of you who don't know the term, a Be-band is essentially a tube top that you put around the top of your pants to keep them from falling down when you're too fat to button them). Blerg. I thought I was going to be so excited for this point. Turns out, fat still feels fat, regardless of the reason.

Amy gave me two huge bags of maternity clothes which are going to prove to be an absolute God-send. She worked almost right up until her due date with Brooklyn, so she had a whole bunch of really fantastic work clothes that she gave me. I'm a bit skeptical that I'm going to be able to fit into any pants that Amy Terlizzi ever wore once I'm even fatter, but hopefully, the majority of my weight will stick to the belly because they fit ok now. Not the same as they did on Amy, but they're fine. She also gave me a big bag of cutesy summer clothes because she had Carter in August. Not sure how the size small shorty shorts are going to work on my hamhock thighs, but again, we'll see. She gave me so so so many nice things; it's sure to save me a ton of money. And now, I can go to the expensive store that I want to go to and get a few nice pieces and not feel guilty about it, since I know I don't have to buy very much else. Thank you, Amy! I appreciate it soooo much!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome Amanda! Im glad to be of help : ) You're going to look adorable in all those clothes!

    ReplyDelete