Tuesday, March 13, 2012

18 weeks, 5 days - It's Alive!

Remember the post where I said I wasn't sure if I felt our little Sputnik (or Nik as Matt and I have started calling it) moving or if it was just muscle spasms/twitching? Well, I'm sure: it's Sputnik. And boy, is he/she moving! My books say that babies in utero frequently are most active at night because your daily activities rock them to sleep, but this little dude seems to really hate my morning work meeting. Holy Moses! It makes it really really hard to concentrate when there's a tap dance going on in your belly. And right now, it's a very gentle feeling; I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I'm big and fat and Nik is much stronger. Aye-yay-yay! Matt was able to feel it move over the weekend, so that was fun. I was surprised that he was able to feel it because all but a few pokes and prods have been very gentle thus far. But I was thinking to myself last night about how fun this part of pregnancy is, really. I mean, you start showing, you feel the baby move, you can find out the gender if you want, you get a good picture of it... those are a lot of pretty awesome milestones to hit all within a few weeks of each other!

5 comments:

  1. That's so exciting and how nice that Matt could feel it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that I believe him, actually. :) Ha. It just seems like it's too gentle for him to have felt from the outside. Hahaha, but why would he make it up? Anyway, he was pretty excited about it, so I'll let him believe he felt it either way. :)

      Delete
    2. Hey!! I'm right here! I read this too--why would you?!... oooh.

      I did feel it. Smug. I needed your corroboration to confirm what I felt, but there you are. I did feel it!

      Delete
  2. Ha, you think it's hard to concentrate now...just wait until you can SEE a heel or elbow moving across your belly!

    Enjoy it all. It is the most incredible experience of a lifetime! So glad we had a chance to see you last weekend! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine! It's so distracting when it's just a flutter; when it feels like a punch, I kind of think I might get vocal. Ha! I'm imagining sitting in a meeting and shouting because I got punched from the inside. Hahaha, oh jeez...

      So great to see you! Hopefully I'll be down to the 'A' soon and can see you again before I'm as big as a house!

      Delete