Wednesday, April 4, 2012

21 weeks, 6 days - More Info and Gender Speculation

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that Baby's heartrate was 148. As we've heard previously, the old wives predict that a heart rate above 140 = girl. I still think it's a boy, though. And still, I have no reason to think that. But I do.

Also, next appointment is on April 30 at 9:45. That's the diabetes test. They sent me home with a bottle of kool-aid that I'm supposed to drink 30-45 minutes before arriving. I'm kind of nervous about this test, though everyone assures me it will be fine. It'll be nice to have it behind me. Otherwise, most of the really fun stuff is over, I think:
  • I've felt her move.
  • I've started showing.
  • I'm feeling good.
  • We had the big sonogram.
  • We got pictures.
I think really, the next landmark will be entering the third trimester and then having the baby! Weird. It's still a long way away yet. We're past the 1/2 way point, but still plenty, plenty, plenty of time to plan. It suddenly felt like the baby was coming in a matter of weeks after we got the sonogram because she looked so developed. I just have keep reminding myself that, no matter how developed that little hand looks or that little spine seems, Baby is still smaller than my hand. And we sure don't want baby to be born while she's that small. She's got a long way to go yet.

Baby was up tap dancing or something last night. Since I've now seen how she moves, I can't help but try to envision what it is that she's doing in there. It was really bad this morning, though. From about 4 am until 6 am, she was super duper active, so much so that I couldn't sleep. I didn't try talking to her or reading, which, in retrospect, was stupid since I have found that the sound of my voice tends to make her calm down. But all I could imagine was this silly baby in there doing somersaults. Over and over again. The movement was big and high, not like the little hiccups I feel so frequently; they were strong, active, movey movements. Super annoying when you're trying to sleep but still so cool.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's nice that baby is easing you in and getting you ready to be up in the night. Must be a sign that he/she'll be a good planner! And kind! None of that surprise-i'm-a-parent-now-that-you're-born stuff for you!! You get it in advance...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third trimester will also prepare you for little sleep at night. You'll be getting up 15 times to pee every night. Good thing to look forward to there.
    Amanda, I've been meaning to ask you....do you have a pregnancy journal? I know you are posting things on here, but I thought having something written for your baby to see when he's older would be cool.
    Oh and play some Stevie wonder thru headphones and put them on your belly. See how your sweetie responds. I use to do that for Brooklyn. I swear she was dancing in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I don't have one. It was something I was going to buy but never got around to. This blog site has a feature where you can print your blog to a book, though, so that might be a nice keepsake for the baby. I'm kind of lazy so I'm not sure how good I would be about journaling anyway. I do think that I'll print this whole thing out at the end to save for when Baby is all big, so at least there will be something.

      Delete
  3. I think the blog will make a perfect journal. And I'm also definitely in favor of introducing baby to Stevie Wonder sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool you can print out this blog to be a book too! I wish I had done something like this when I was pregnant. Very cool! Can't wait to see you Amanda! I barely got a moment to hang out with you at Carter's baptism. Travel safe and I'll be picking you up Friday!

    ReplyDelete