Tuesday, April 17, 2012

23 weeks, 5 days - More Gender Predictions

Those old wives. Why do they have an answer for everything? I'd be so interested to hear what Aunt Le or Gramma Marcia had to say about the old wives' gender predictions, but here's the latest one I found: dry skin = boy. Mine has been flaking off my face, cracking on my hands and breaking across my knuckles. Lotion burns but it's the only thing to keep me from turning into a lizard. So, if those old wives are correct, then boy-oh-boy!

Additionally, I was in Atlanta this past weekend and both Aunt Amy and Gramma Rehbein commented on how I am "totally showing." Amy said "a lot." Sue didn't think so at first, but as the time wore on, she decided that I was actually showing a lot more than she'd originally thought. I still haven't had a stranger notice it yet (other than my bikini waxer), but I'd have to think that's coming soon! Hooray!! I'll post a new belly pic on Thursday and you can weigh in on how much you think I'm showing. I've been feeling a lot fatter these past few days, so maybe it's finally here!

2 comments:

  1. First, I must comment that I only now got to read your last 5 posts! You would think I should have learned after the last time that I need to close this website and re-open it each day instead of simply minimizing it because it doesn't seem to update new posts even when I click the refresh button. I anxiously looked each day (after you posted the sonogram pics) for new blogs, but to no avail. I'm sure this is user error but still frustrating indeed!

    So...it was wonderful to see you this past weekend but simply too short a time. You are in such demand while you are here! You look fantastic and definitely pregnant. Most intelligent strangers don't comment on a woman's possible pregnancy unless they are absolutely sure (it's pretty darn embarrassing when the woman is simply fat!).

    Your Dear Baby letter was beautiful. I believe this baby is one lucky little person to have you as his mommy (and of course, Matt as his daddy). Thank you for sharing your hopes & wishes for this baby with all of us...I am truly in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, what lovely, lovely comments! Thank you so much!! :)

      I completely agree that the visit was too short. We really didn't have any down time and I still didn't get over to see Andrew's house. But I'll be down again for the wedding (the May trip I told you about has been cancelled) and then, well, I'll be seeing probably more of you all than you'd even like before too long!!

      So great to see you guys! The dock looks great and so does the house! Looking forward to spending a bit more time with you in June!

      Delete