Thursday, July 5, 2012

35 weeks, 0 days - Dr. Appt & Baby gets hungry?

35 weeks today.  Wow.  In no more than seven weeks, we'll have a baby.  That's weird to think about.  I went to a very standard dr. appointment on Tuesday with Dr. Elliot.  I was weighed and, while I'm not gaining the lb/week that they recommend, I am gaining again so it looks like I've gotten my diet on track and figured out how to handle these stupid diabetes restrictions.  Again, Dr. Elliot was cute.  I asked him if he expected me to get much bigger and he said, "Oh my, yes.  Right now, your abs are keeping that baby in there good and tight, but there's going to come a point where they won't be able to anymore."  I was surprised to hear it, as I'd kind of assumed I was winding down on the growth and weight gain scene.  If the websites are correct and baby is already 5.5 lbs, then it probably won't gain much more than 2-3 lbs, so I'm just really surprised to hear that he's expecting me to get a lot bigger.  But Aunt Amy suggested kind of the same thing.  I told her that I didn't think my bellybutton was going to pop but she said that, with as close as it is now, she thinks it will.  And, while she didn't come right out and say that she thinks I'll get a lot bigger, she gave me the impression that she thought it.  Very interesting.  We'll see.  At least there is no more flying in my future, so I won't have to worry about getting stuff from under the seat with an even BIGGER belly.  It was hard enough with this one.  Anyway, the exciting news from the dr. appt is that I have a sonogram scheduled for Monday at 10:45!  Hooray!!  We'll find out at that point how big the baby is.  I'm super excited about it, especially since they put me on this diet because they thought I was at risk for a high birth weight baby.  This will help us see if there's good reason for that worry or not.

Also, I've noticed in the past that Baby tends to get very very active when I have an upset stomach.  It made me feel very sad once I realized it because that made me think it was upsetting him, too.  Last night, though, baby was SO active that I couldn't sleep.  And my tummy didn't hurt at all.  At about 3am I got so fed up with it that I nearly started crying and told that baby he better calm down or else!  Believe it or not, it did not work.  But he was literally flipping back and forth, as if he couldn't get comfortable.  For HOURS.  It was so frustrating.  I can handle kicks and punches, but those HUGE movements are really fun when I'm awake but terrible when I'm trying to sleep.  Anyway, around 6 am, I did start to get a tummy ache so I got up and took some Tums (which are now gluten free, I'm pleased to report).  Baby stopped moving in about 15 minutes.  Which got me thinking: maybe baby just wanted some sugar.  I ate a really big lunch yesterday around 3 pm, so I didn't eat dinner or a late snack or anything.  Megan told me that her baby used to get very active when she was postponing meal time, so maybe my baby was jumping up and down asking to be fed.  Interesting concept.  I'm going to test this theory out next time Baby gets very active in the middle of the night by getting a little snack if he won't calm down.  It'll be awesome if that fixes things, though a little annoying that it took me so long to figure it out... especially since ALL pregnancy diets say how important it is to eat all day long.  So if I've been dealing with this stupid sleeplessness when I had the answer right at my fingertips the entire time, I will noo be pleased, I can tell you.  :)  Either way, I won't have to think about it too much longer.  I can't believe we'll for sure have a baby in less than seven weeks (and maybe a heck of a lot sooner)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment