Tuesday, July 17, 2012

36 weeks, 5 days - Packing it up

Moving day is just around the corner.  True, it's a long corner from here, but it seems like it's coming so so fast.  Nana Deb was down this weekend helping me pack and she was so so amazing.  Not only was she an amazing work horse, but she kept me from hurting myself by reminding me over and over that I shouldn't be doing stairs.  So she'd plop me in one place and bring me tape and markers and boxes and garbage bags and water and whatever else I needed.  Sheri came over and did the entire kitchen single-handedly, which was a major chore so between the three of us, we pretty much finished up the whole house!  There are some loose ends to tie up, but I think we're in pretty awesome shape to be ready to move on the 28th.  Aside from the boxes my mom brought from the liquor store in Erie, my friend Ron brought some and the Dossetts brought some over after they unpacked them from their weekend move.  Super helpful.  What fabulous people I have in my life.  :)

On Sunday, my aunts Connie and Lisa popped in for a quick visit.  We went to lunch and stopped a few places to shop and overall had a lovely time.  It was really, really great to see them.  As my mom reminded me, yesterday was six months from the day my dad died, so seeing his sisters this weekend was a pretty special treat.  The visit was short, but really, really nice.  They oohed and aahed over my belly and told me how great I look and, as we all know, that's a lovely thing to hear.  Just really, really nice to see them.

Then yesterday, I lost a wrestling match with my stupid garbage bin.  I tipped it over as I was taking it to the curb and couldn't get it back up.  Oh, I was so so mad.  Irrationally so.  I fought with the stupid thing for about 10 minutes before I hurt my broken foot and had to give up for a bit.  After I calmed down a little, I went back out into the street, took out all of the stupid garbage, tipped the bin back up and refilled it.  Which is what I should have done in the first place, but I was just too mad to think clearly.  I have never tipped over one of those bins before and the one time I do it happens to be the one time I'm 9 months pregnant with a broken foot and no neighbors home to help me tip the stupid thing back up.  Oh, I was just so darn mad about it.  :)  Ha!  Irrational pregnancy anger; glad Baby wasn't here yet to see it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment