Thursday, May 17, 2012

28 weeks, 0 days - Welcome to the Third Trimester!

Holy moses!  Where did the time go?!  THIRD trimester?  I can't believe it.  I remember counting days until the first trimester was over so we'd be out of the woods on the miscarriage issue but I can't believe we're already in the third!!!  I guess there were a lot of exciting events in the second trimester, so it made it easier to focus on smaller milestones which meant I didn't notice the time passing as much.  Crazy.  I have to think time this trimester will pass very quickly also as there are a lot of things going on between Andrew's wedding, the babymoon, sitting for Carter, my welcome baby party, packing/moving and increasingly frequent dr. appointments.  How wild. 

Do any of you know how big your uterus gets?  I can't imagine that it's going to be able to get much higher in my stomach because Baby seems to really enjoy having a foot in my right rib.  It's very uncomfortable.  I'm able to poke her enough that she moves it, but I wonder how much worse that's going to get as she gets bigger.  I've heard that later in pregnancy it gets hard to breathe as the baby gets bigger and your uterus presses against your lungs.  But how high does it go?  Does it go all the way up to your solar plexis?  I have to think that's going to get uncomfortable to have a baby in your ribs all the time.  Weird.

Hooray!!  Third trimester!!  I just can't believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment