Monday, May 21, 2012

28 weeks, 4 days - Belly pic!

Full disclosure: I took this pic on Saturday, so it was really at 28 weeks and 2 days as opposed to the 28 plus 4 that I titled it, but since I didn't post until today, I thought this would be the right heading.  If that's not officially showing, I don't know what is.  As you know, I'm following the month/trimester guidance posted on Babycenter.com, so by that calendar, I'm 6.5 months along.  My What to Expect When You're Expecting book, however, has me listed at 7 months.  As you can see, I'm for sure showing, but I really expected to be a lot bigger by 7 months.  Weird.  I keep reminding myself what the doctor said last time, "you're not going to believe how huge you're going to get." It's just funny.  Not complaining or anything, I just had a really different impression of how big I'd get at what point when I got pregnant.  Thank you television for setting completely false expectations.  :)

Anyway, I'm still feeling pretty good, so no complaints! Getting a little nauseous from time to time which is pretty annoying, since I thought I dodged that bullet in the first trimester.  I can't be sure it's pregnancy nausea, but I have read that it is not uncommon for nausea to come back in the third trimester so I think there's a good chance that's what it is.  Annoying.  But yeah, aside from that, hooray for feeling good and not having complications!!  I think I might have to start going to the doctor every two weeks or so after my next appointment so they can monitor my blood pressure and make sure there's no signs of preclampsia or other problems but more frequent appointments make the time seem to go by faster.  Which is good and bad, really, I guess.  Good because I'm super excited to meet Baby; bad because holy moly, we are so not ready to have a baby!!!

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute! There's no question that there's a baby in there; it's crazy how defined it's becoming! Not long now!!! And I bet you'll get quite a bit bigger than this, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, what a cute thing to say, Steve. Thank you. :) And yes, I imagine I'll get a heck of a lot bigger. The baby is only 2 lbs right now and I expect it to get close to 8. So I expect to get about 4 times bigger than this. Weird. They say that most women gain about 11 lbs in the last trimester and if that's all belly, there's a heck of a lot of belly to come yet!

      Delete
  2. you'll have to post belly pics more frequently, then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yes, I know. the whole idea was for me to post them weekly but you can see how successful i've been with that. i'll try to be better, but it's just annoying to do. more work than it seems like it would be. :) good ole lazy manda.

      Delete