Tuesday, May 29, 2012

29 weeks, 5 days - Dr. Appointment & More Gender Nonsense

Well, I had another glucose test today.  And, I'm again embarrassed to report that I really like that juice they give you.  You know, the one EVERYONE hates.  Ha!  Oh jeez.  I'm so disgusting.  Hopefully, nothing got messed up this time.  The doctor told me to call her tomorrow to go over the results, but she expects all to be just fine.

As for everything else, the word 'perfect' was again bandied about.  :)  Dr. Lashgari isn't quite as free with her compliments as Dr. Elliot is, though, so it was just about the size of my belly this time.  She was very cute; I pulled up my shirt to bare my belly and she exclaimed, "oh, look at that cute little belly!  You've popped!"  It was cute.  I just love that practice.  Anyway, my blood pressure is fine, weight is great, and as I said earlier, she measured my belly with a tape measure and reported that it's just perfect.  Baby's heart rate is 131.  Next appointment is on June 18th.  We're supposed to have them every two weeks from here on out, but we'll be on our Babymoon in two weeks, so we scheduled three weeks out.

So, now that I've visited the doctor again, it's time to revisit our gender predictions.  The old wives say that heart rates above 140 signal a girl.  Looks like we've stabilized around 130, so that suggests a boy.  They also say that if you carry the baby all in your belly, out front, that it's a boy.  I seem to be gaining weight pretty evenly around my belly, hips, and thighs, so that suggests a girl.  Still craving salty and sweet about the same, so that doesn't help.  I think I'm carrying kind of low -- which would suggest a girl -- but I don't have anything to compare it to really, so I don't know if that one counts or not.  The only new thing we really have is that Matt and I were at his cousin Jaime's wedding this weekend and his family was giving their take: Aunt Kathy, Aunt Cindy and Cousin Michelle all said girl.  Soo... pretty much, we're no further along in the gender prediction boat.  It's looking like the guessing is finally evening out, though.  I think at this point, we've got Gramma Rehbein, Aunt Stevie, Aunt Amy, Aunt Holly, Bossman Mike, Neighbor Allison, Co-worker Lynn, Friend Drew, and Mama (me) who say boy, while we've got Great-Aunt Kathy, Great-Aunt Cindy, Cousin Michelle, Dear Friend Sheri, and Dad (Matt) who say girl.  Now that I've listed them all out, I guess we're not quite even yet; still have a few more boys than girls.  What a fun game!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'll have to ask Uncle Stevie to weigh in, perhaps he'll have a vote...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll ever understand how much joy it brings me that you call him Uncle Stevie. Hahahahahahaha!! :) xoxo

      Delete