Monday, February 13, 2012

14 weeks, 4 days - "Feelable" Uterus

My "What to Expect" book told me that I should be able to feel my uterus now. I can. It's really weird. When I push on my abdomen, right below my belly button, it's normal, soft and squishy... unless I flex my muscles, of course, then it's a virtual rock because, of course, I'm totally ripped. :) If I move down a few inches, though, it gets firm again. Not hard like flexed muscles or a bone or anything, but firm as if there's something under there. So neat. :) Still not showing or anything yet, but it feels so cool to know what that 'firmness' is that I can't stop pressing on it. I have to think that Blob may not be too crazy about being smooshed on a regular basis, but I can't help myself.

So yes, while I still don't look or feel pregnant, there's a little bit of an inkling that maybe there is something growing in there. :D Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Before long you'll be feeling your blob moving around. And by then you'll have to change the name. He or she will no longer be a "blob". I can't wait for you to feel the movements. It's truly the most amazing thing in the world!
    You're excitement through this pregnancy is so touching. I love getting on here to see what you're going to talk about next. I think it's quite evident, you are going to make a terrific mommy! And of course, my brother, is going to be a dynamite father : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Aim, what a nice thing to say. :) I'm super excited about feeling it move, too. My friend, Megan, is 13 weeks ahead of me and she's been keeping me abreast of what to expect. She said that she sometimes puts stuff on her belly specifically to feel her baby move because it's so cool. I can't even imagine. I hope it doesn't freak me out, because I can't get the image from Alien out of my head. Gross. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete