Monday, February 27, 2012

16 weeks, 4 days - Thickening Waist

Ok, so I'll take a pic today. Promise promise. But, I'm no longer excited about it because I'm at that stage where I just feel fat. It's so gross. I don't really have a bump, even though that pic I posted last week shows one. It's there, but it doesn't look like much. What I can notice, though, is that I don't really have a waist anymore. I have no problem fitting into my jeans but my shirts look really... gross. I just look thick. I remember seeing little Amy when she was about 14 weeks pregnant with Brooklyn and she had this definite bump. She said that she hated it because it looked like a beer belly, which I guess it could have if you didn't know she was pregnant, but it was for sure this little, defined pot. I, on the other hand, am just getting fat. Awesome. Ok, so I can't really complain because I know I've been waiting and waiting for it and I know I am built nothing like Amy, but still, man, I just had this darling little belly-bubble in my imagination when I'd think what it would look like. Not just this stupid "thickening." It's almost as if all the books that say, "you'll notice your waist beginning to thicken now" knew what they were talking about. How annoying. :) Anyway, it should only be a matter of time now, though. I can't imagine that my waist can get a whole lot "thicker" without starting to look pregnant.

Also, my coworker, Mika, who is a week ahead of me felt her baby kick a week ago Sunday. I know it's her second child so she's expected to feel it a lot sooner than me, but as of yesterday, I started meditating on my uterus, trying to feel something. I've read and heard that early on, it feels like a bubble popping or having butterflies or gas, but so far, every time I've felt something that feels like gas, well... it's been gas. Pretty clearly. I won't bore you with the details of how I know that, but let's just say that I -- and everyone else in the room -- can be pretty sure it's gas. Except the rest of the room thinks it's Porter. "Seriously, Pee, what are you feeding her?"

2 comments:

  1. Oh jeez, I remember the pregnancy gas! I know Dave does too!
    I know just how you feel with the thickening waist but not obviously pregnant. I wanted to hang a sign on my shirt that said, "pregnant belly, not a beer belly. I just felt like I looked really awkward. But you, Amanda, really look so cute with that little bump. You are definitely showing a little now! Your belly should start growing pretty fast from here on out. But Manda, you look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Aim, what a nice thing to say. Really, that's a really, really sweet message. Thank you. I'm sure you remember what it felt like to just feel fat all the time. Ugh. Matt and I were looking at pics in my "What to Expect" book last night and I was saying, "See? That's what Amy looked like. Why do I stupid have to look like this one?" We both agreed that your early little bubble was adorable. I'd much rather have it all in my belly than in my butt and arms. Gross. BUT the good news is it means things are progressing the way they should. Anyway, thank you again for the sweet thoughts. :)

      Delete