Tuesday, February 21, 2012

15 weeks, 5 days - "too pregnant to pedal"

"Sorry, I'm too pregnant." That was my catch phrase for the weekend and it was awesome. I spent last weekend at a bachelor party in Portland, OR. We did this awesome "brew cycle" which was, essentially, a 12 person bicycle that you drive to a number of breweries. While super fun, it was really really heavy and super duper hard to get going. Plus, after a few breweries, people were a bit too tipsy to do their best to keep the cycle going at a regular pace. So, after a few breweries, I quit pedaling. And when people called me out on it, I told them that I was pregnant and that it's not good for pregnant women to over exert themselves. Which is 100% true, but mostly, I just didn't want to anymore. So hooray for taking advantage of that.


In other news, I think I might be the worst pregnant person ever. I keep doing things and then finding out later that I probably wasn't supposed to do them. To the list which previously included such no-no's as eating soft cheese, drinking coffee, eating sushi, taking hot baths, eating lunch meat, and changing the cat's litter box, I recently discovered that I also wasn't supposed to paint my mom's house and or go through the scanners in the airport. My friend, Megan, just bought a house and is planning to do a lot of work on it before they move in. She and her husband were a big help when we moved, so I offered to go down and help. She told me that I won't be able to be much help as most of what they need to do involves using chemicals and painting, which, as we all know, pregnant women aren't supposed to do. Whoops. Apparently, "we all" didn't know, because I helped paint my mom's house for 3 days straight after my dad's funeral. Then, after I went through the security scanner at the airport on Friday and was putting my shoes back on on the other side, I saw a big fat pregnant woman tell them that she needed a manual check because she's pregnant and not supposed to go through it. Whoops again. ... so if the Blob comes out with 6 eyes and two heads, we'll blame TSA? Or Home Depot for selling us poisonous paint? But probably just me for not reading enough ahead in my books to see all of those things I wasn't supposed to do. Blerg.

5 comments:

  1. And if Blob comes out with just one big nose and two googly eyes, we'll know who to blame then too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brew cycle is maybe the best idea ever! Except, it's still drinking and driving, right? I had a friend in Washington get a DUI on a bike...Either way, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I agree with Stevie! This idea is gold! But I also agree with Stevie on the drunk drivin. In a classy area of PA, there was a diode that got a DUI for driving his law mower down the street drunk. Hee, hee, hee. And Manada, right on for not pedaling. Not beer = no pedal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um "diode" is another way to spell "dude"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No beer also means no beer. Stupid iPad! I think it's time for me to stop typing.

      Delete